Saturday, July 2, 2011

Blessings from Tia

I know some of you don't know me and you're are wondering who is Tia, and those of you who do are thinking, "Oh goodness"! Trust me, it'll be fun to read.

I met Tia almost 8 years ago. She was too cute, very quiet and still, and had the cutest black and brown furry face I'd ever seen! Tia is a Yorkie, and she was only 8 weeks old. At the time I was 20 gibberish something years old, so I was the one training Tia. Funny thing is Dogs age 7 years to our 1, so apparently I schooled her at first but as we grew together, she started to school me. Now I know if you are not a dog (animal) person you are thinking I'm crazy, just read along and I'm sure you will get something out of Tia's Life Lesson :) because I certainly did!

How to be a friend - Seriously, Tia showed me how to a be an excellent friend! When I cry she forces her way into my lap and licks my tears, then she'll just look at me, then somehow I laugh. If she hears me fussing in one room she slowly walks in looks at me then comes and sits next to me. Another time, my Dr. gave me some kind of pills and it made me sick and I threw up every hour from about 6pm until 9am the next day. No matter if I was sleep my stomach woke me up, and every time my feet hit the carpet, a set of four paws joined me, and Tia sat in the restroom with me all night long just to make sure I was OK. That's what a friend does, even if they can't anything for you they are there with you. I actually carry these traits in my relationship with my best friend Kwesiu, no matter what we are always there for each other, never ONCE have we been mad at each other and didn't talk to each other. It's an unconditional friendship.

Patience & Persistence - Like all dogs Tia likes to play fetch!! Now, Tia is different , because most dogs after so long go on with something else, NOT TIA! She will wait hours for you to throw that toy ONE time. If you ignore her she'll find ways to get it in your hand and you won't even know how it got there, (true story). Me and my friends get a kick out it. She is so determined to play fetch she'll let nothing stop her an if I say no, she'll find other ways to get it in my hands. I think that's a life lesson. If there is something you want, I know this is a cliche, but always keep going after it no matter what. And you know what I always end up throwing that toy. Sometimes we can be persistent but we don't know how to wait on God and let him handle the rest, that usually when we mess things up and say forget it, it's not meant to be and all other mumbo jumbo, when patience is a form of action.

Stop and Smell the Roses - Tia is big on this, and when I say stop and smell the flowers she literally smells all of them outside, LOL! When I take Tia out for walks, she's aware of everything and she takes it all in. She loves flowers, plants, and the Sun. Tia will walk by one and run back to smell it. One time we were going in and she kept pulling on the leash like she had to potty again and I finally let her go and she ran to another plant to smell the scent. I was like "Wow"! If it's a pretty day, she will actually lay out in the sun instead of walking and I'll sit and join her, then I'll realize it is a pretty day. I joke with my friends about being like Tia and smelling the roses, but I actually do. I don't go out and smell flowers but I enjoy God's creation...Earth. I take life in now, when I accomplish something, I take that in as well. You'll be surprise how going outside relaxing can make a bad day seem better.

Forgiveness - No matter what I do to Tia, she Always forgives and forgets. I know All dogs do this, so a part of me feels God did it that way so we could follow suit. Hmmm. If I yell at her because I thought she did something and she really didn't, I feel bad and say sorry, and she'll come over and shake my hand. If she does do something and I yell, seriously she gives me 1 minute then she will come over and again shake my hand. I call her a con artist, but really she's smart. We should end a dispute right away instead of carrying it with us.

Faith - Tia doesn't worry about anything because she knows I will protect her. She knows she will always have a place to sleep. When she's hungry she goes to her bowl and wait and I know to put food in there. This is how we should be with God. He will never forsake us. This is a big lesson I've learned well over the past 2 years, and it's made my life better!

If you don' have a dog please go get one today...just kidding. Like always I hope you got something out of this message. If you like these type of tales about furry friends please check out "Angelic Tales" by Joan Wester Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment